Jump to navigation Jump to search
What we have been doing at Little House
You can read about previous activity at What we did last year
- PeterH glued a railway track
- Andy and Jon worked on the laser cutter. After last week's cleanup, they were measuring laser power and investigating the state of the optics. ChrisR helped with temperature measurement.
- PaulB looked in for a short while
- Welcome to some new faces:
- Neil came to meet us. He will be back
- Adam would like to gain new skills. Arduino, maybe?
- Jamie is planning a controller for brewing and is looking for advice on the electrical side of things
- Gavin and Isobel came to use the laser cutter. As it was under maintenance they will come back another week.
- Hi to MartinB as well.
- Attendance tonight = 12
- Jon and Andy came in to do some tinkering with the laser cutter
- modify a plastic crate so we could soak the honeycomb bed of the cutter in Zep.
- removed the honeycomb bed of the cutter to soak
- broke the 'quick release fitting that attaches the hose to the tap
- made a shopping list of what else we needed in screwfix
- realised that it was a Bank Holiday and screwfix was probably closed :(
- texted IanB in the hope he might have one - he did - and he brought it round for us (along with a donated PC).
- repeatedly pressure washed the honeycomb - not perfect, but much better.
- cleaned, washed and vacuumed all the insides of the laser cutter case.
- spent some time making measurements of the laser power using our'dohicky'.
- spent some time aligning the laser tube to see if power could be improved - there is probably room for some improvement still, we seem to lose a lot of power at each 'bounce' in the optical path.
- have concluded that a spare lens and some spare mirrors are worth having.
- need to investigate cleaning techniques for the mirrors and lens.
- Attendance today = 2