From Richmond MakerLabs
Revision as of 12:17, 7 June 2018 by Beardedfool (first draft by Andy)
Currently a work in progress.... technical aspects currenlty with Ryan and Andy
Current live questions between Andy & Ryan
- Andy to Ryan H.265 - I had a little look at this and am a little in the dark about H.265 in general BUT I think this may be ONVIF DM just not doing it. https://sourceforge.net/p/onvifdm/discussion/1246119/thread/de437d07/
- Andy to Ryan - Is there some stock firmware we can use with these to de-chinese them? I'll ask on some forums
- Andy to Ryan - how can we spin up TEMPORARY virtual machines in the future.. VPS? Virtualbox (or another) on novo?
- ONVIF Device Manager used to get access to the cameras and do basic setup
- Doesn't seem to allow H.265 but Andy thinks this is a profile setting in the software
- Bundled software is a NETSurveillance WEB - an ancient activeX plugin for internet explorer(!) -
- Andy's currently hosting a virtual machine with this on - this seems to have a bit more functionality thank ONVIF DM for the setup
- Ryan has setup a test of shinobiCCTV - Andy yet to play with
- Ryan kindly donated some cameras
- There is a manual floating around for them but it's on limited use - a generic software guide to the activeX control (see software)
Questions for RML
- Part of this was to make vulnerable people on their own feel safer...
- Do we want a machine that displays the outside camera constantly - or web page?
- Only record on motion
- To cover car park?
- Camera locations?
- Making them secure?
- How long do we keep recordings for?
- Length of time, or disk space?
2018-06-07 - John - DO we need to put signs up that CCTV is in use, who administrates our scheme etc..