- 1 Audio Visual
- 2 CAD - Computer aided design
- 3 Crafts
- 4 Electronics and workbench
- 5 Engineering/ Woodwork
- 6 Makers Equipment
- 7 General purpose
- 8 Computers
- 9 Other facilities
How to use
- Turn on the power switch connected to the stereo to the right of the double-doors.
- Press "VIDEO/AUX" on the stereo input dial (in the middle) to connect it to the Bluetooth receiver.
- On your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or laptop device, go into your Bluetooth preferences and search for devices. You will see "Belkin HD" as one of the available devices. Pair it with your device and start playing music/podcasts/Internet streams.
- If you do not see "Belkin HD" then power cycle the Belkin device and search again.
Huge screen. Can't miss it. HDMI, DVI, ... sound is the only thing that does not work.
More information here
CAD - Computer aided design
Some basics on 3D printing here
- A good machine as an introduction to 3D printers for new-comers. Works well with minimal changes of settings. More here
DeltaMaker 3D printer
it is connected to the network via octoprint.
- When you are at little house point your web browser to http://deltamaker.rml
- Login to octoprint with
- password: rml
A machine so modified it got a new name
- Dedicated page here
Currently only one extruder working
- GT2560 board
Formlabs 1+ resin printer
Phrozen resin printer
Web GUI, IP is shown when machine is started. Has a slicer built in
CNC Mill - OpenBuilds C-Beam CNC Router In the cloakroom
Please ask Paul B. or Nick before using it. It is dangerous.
Privately owned Laser cutter (60W) can be used periodically for prototyping.
Please clear with Kim before using it
There is a mini sewing machine from John Lewis on loan from Andres. Feel free to use when ever. It is to the right of the plasma screen.
Electronics and workbench
Various test equipment, wiring, connectors, resistors, capacitors, LEDs and other assorted components
- WS-80 soldering iron,
- BGA re-balling station [YouTube demo]
- Solder sucker station []
- Solder station
- Fluke 77 multimeter
- UV exposure box
- Magnifying lamp
Bench Power Supply
- AIM & THURLBY THANDAR INSTRUMENTS TGP110 10Mhz Pulse Generator
- Rigol DS104Z
- 4 channel 50MHz Digital Oscilloscope
- Silverline 262212 Drill press
- Chuck Capacity 13mm
In the kitchen.
Please ask Jon, Ian B. or Paul B. before using it. It is dangerous.
- Nutool HBS230 230mm Two Wheel Bandsaw
- Similar Manual
- Replacement parts:
- Got some tyres from [www.Solenttools.co.uk solent tools]
- Ian got a new blade from ???
Erbauer ERB255GS 2000W 10" Sliding compound mitre saw with laser
Black & Decker KW850E 1100W
Ryobi EPN-6082 600W
Clarke Metalworker CBG 6RZ
- KOBE KBE2714140K
- Manual and here
- Safety: Please don't use the dust extraction when sanding metal - hot sparks, wood chippings and lots of air equals fire
Mains-powered air compressor with a long air pipe and a few tools, including paint sprayer.
- Ratchet tap handles
- 0 - 10 BA tap & die set (imperial)
- Broken bolt extractor set (Easy Outs)
- Arduino Starter kit
- Funduino kit with loads of sensors
- Raspberry Pi (with Pi Camera)
- Ultrasonic cleaner (6.5L) - Tank internal dimension: 300 (L) x 150 (D) x 150 (H) mm
- Small screw driver set with prying tool for mobile phone disassembly
- Spanner set 6mm to 26mm
- Hot glue gun
- Dremel with rotary accessory set and flexible shaft
- Set of files (round, square, triangular, flat, half round)
- TORX screwdriver set
Printers and Scanners
We have a Debian Linux-based server in the little office space. It provides multi-user access into the space via SSH and has local copies of open source software repositories for fast installation of donated/refurbished computers.
- Server (HP DL380 g3)
- VMware server (ESXi 4.1)
- 1 connected to plasma, 1 near the kitchen, 1 in the office space.
- Hard drive duplication station []
- SIM card cutter (micro and nano)
- Assorted old laptops and old workstations
- Laser printer (mono)
- Colour inkjet printers
Yes we have one of those. Wheel chair accessible.
Kettle, sink, fridge, cups a plenty, ...
- Check out our WantList