Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 01:04, 16 March 2019 by Beardedfool (Created page with "Thinking of coming to say hello and have a look around? We appreciate it's sometime uncomfortable to walk into a room of people and introduce yourself. Some of these points m...")
Thinking of coming to say hello and have a look around?
We appreciate it's sometime uncomfortable to walk into a room of people and introduce yourself. Some of these points may help you understand what to expect.
- Check we're open: Most Tuesdays but any announcements will be on the Main Page
- Have a look through our Facilities Page to see if there's anything we have that takes your interest.
- Someone will be able to welcome you and give you a tour - but it's done on a first come, first served basis so you may have to wait a short period.
- It's worth noting that some tools need training before use, whether we're able to do that on the night is largely down to who is there.
- You'll probably get the most of your first session if you come with something you want to achieve - but it's no problem if you just want to come and say hello and get a sense of what's there. Just be aware that, whilst people can often help with advice on how to do things, we don't currently have projects to suggest.
- We'll give you a copy of this when you visit but feel free to read through the Member info notes.
- Mostly, people are friendly and feel free to wander round and ask people what sorts of things they're working on - they'll usually be keen to show you.