Ham Fair 2017
Ham Fair will be held on 10th June 2017
We started by holding a planning meeting at the Ham Brewery Tap on 5th May.
Assuming that we can use one of the HUG gazebos, we need a long banner to hang on the top, displaying our name. Maybe two banners, to include the other side of the gazebo.
We need a big poster with our message, and some flyers with all the details and the contact info. What is our message? Two possibilities currently:
- (1) A definition of the word 'makerspace'
- (2) Showing that you can realise your idea. Think of a gadget or a thingy, and transform the idea into reality, a working prototype or model.
More suggestions are welcome, including suggestions for developing the two we currently have.
Ideally, the poster would be equally relevant to both techies and crafters. Our message should also include the idea that we are here to serve the community.
Then we need a bunch of stuff to show what we already have done.
- A board with photos of completed projects
- A continually running video displayed on a laptop, showing 3D printer and laser cutter, lathe and more
- A 3D printer making keyfobs customised with a person's name
- Arthur's car project? Does it avoid obstacles? Is it available
- Get that robot arm working, moving about
- The egg-bot, with functional software
- A game involving guttering, Lego and pumped water (Carl has the details)
- Paul's wiggly pipe game is always a hit
- Steampunk Coffee Machine, if available
That was our planning meeting.
RML now needs people to volunteer, to step up and each handle one aspect of it. With enough hands and a bit of co-ordination it will be a great Ham Fair.
If everyone one does nothin' it will be a great Ham fail.
(your input goes here)