Inkscape to Laser Cutter via Illustrator
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 20:51, 29 January 2019 by PeterH (Created page with "From Inkscape to laser cutter via Illustrator * create design in inkscape with black as 'cut' and red as 'scan' * Export from inkscape as SVG * Import to Illustrator * Note t...")
From Inkscape to laser cutter via Illustrator
- create design in inkscape with black as 'cut' and red as 'scan'
- Export from inkscape as SVG
- Import to Illustrator
- Note that the scale is wrong, this is because inkscape exports as 90dpi and illustrator imports as 72dpi
- Select all in illustrator, right click, select 'scale' off the menu, and scale to 80% (20% smaller).
- Export from Illustrator as .ai file, choose to export as an earlier version of illustrator, v3
- Copy to to laser cutter machine
- Open thunder and slecect File->Import to load illustrator file.
- Change red colour to 'scan' from 'cut'
- Change cut and scan parameters depending on material
parameters for 2mm MDF
- cut, speed 20mm/s, power 75%
- scan, speed 200mm/s, power 35%