Jump to navigation Jump to search
We currently use [RDworks 220.127.116.11] to control the lasercutter but most people use this as the final step in their toolpath,having done design in fusion/ inkscape/ illustrator etc.
RDworks has some key flaws such as deciding not to support files from previous versions.
Lightburn is under active development and has some benefits listed in this thread
- Are any problems with RDworks, or the new features of Lightburn an $80/ year problem?
- Is anyone bothered about having a personal copy of Lightburn when it's 'only' the last step in the toolpath for many?
Having spoken to the developers the cost to the space is $80/ year for a license
- Members can then get a copy at a reduced rate should they wish - $20/ year
Q. Would members that wanted this pay something back to RML to support the main license if we went down this route?
- I'm personally installing a copy to play and will do so on the lasercutterpc if anyone shows interest
- Any feedback appreciated.
We're not currently so concerned about RDworks to spend the money