We recommend new members and friends sign up to our group mailing list 'maker @ rml' - our informal member-and-friends mailing list. This can be done before joining in as a member.
How to sign up
Becoming a member is as simply as joining HUG and getting confirmed. Membership is free and it works in our interest to have you as a member so we can demonstrate value to the local community that supports us.
Alternately you may get a printed copy of the document, fill it out with a pen, sign and date, and mail the form to
Ham United Group (Attn: Membership Secretary) Little House Ham Close Ham TW10 7NY
Or bring the form to Little House on a Tuesday evening. We'll have printed copies on-hand if you want to do it while visiting.
What happens after I sign up?
Finally, once you have filled out and sent in the form, it'll take a little bit of time for us to process the paperwork. The membership procedure is not an automated process and may take several days to process. We are still a small group which we welcome your contribution and volunteering efforts as well.
We recommend new members and friends sign up to our group mailing list 'maker @ rml' - our informal member-and-friends mailing list.
- Access to our workshop space for developing your project or a community project.
- Get trained on and safely use a range of workshop tools and IT equipment including:
- Laser cutter
- 3D Printer
- CNC Mill
- Other interesting maker-focused equipment
- Meet other like minded people.
- Learn skills from others in a relaxed atmosphere.
- Fix your broken things and enhance the spirit of make, mend, and reuse
- Request RML wiki editing/authoring rights and HUG website edits.
- Access to our Linux system
- Insurance cover
Additional benefits beyond RML membership
- Join the HUG Mailing list - a low traffic community announcement email list
- Propose and help create the next big project like Ham Hydro, Green Screen or Richmond Makerlabs.
- Request to be a director or officer of Ham United Group (HUG).
- Apply to become a Little House key holder (requests made via one of the HUG directors)
- Become a MakerLabs diplomat with a hackerspace passport
Future Benefits under Consideration
- Online accounts that enable
- GNUsocial connectivity
- LDAP and XMPP accounts
- Email forwarding from email@example.com
- Organised discounts and group buys for 'maker' supplies such as arduino kits, technical memberships, and early access to new technologies
- Special access to local maker-friendly organisations and innovation tours