From Richmond MakerLabs
Another message from Andy?!
- Yep, sorry, but this is an FYI in case I've broken a website you wanted on novo (likely). So let me know if that's the case
- The overall plan is to make sure I can recreate what's on novo to rebuild it as a virtual server host
Stage 1 - complete
- Web traffic is now routing through a reverse proxy (Nginx on a new virtual server)
- The let's encrypt certificate now sits on this proxy.
- https:// is now enforced on all traffic to the proxy, even if it's not afterwards
- I'm making ;)
- Previously everything web went to novo. Now I can direct it to other machines where wanted. e.g. a live area and a test area we can break without problems
- It hopefully keeps things running from novo if you were using them whilst I build new toys
- Spin up a server, test, break it, throw it away, without worring
- rasberrypi.richmondmakerlabs.uk anyone?
Stage 2/3 etc
- Recreating content from novo on new server(s)
- shared documents across machines/ (cloud?)
- easy backup/ replication etc of our wiki/ website
Tying us in knots?
- It's not too bad actually. As always it's the learning and trying different solutions that's taking time. Easy once you know how.
- I may regret saying it's not too bad
- More than happy to wiki instructions for it all and train when I'm confident