From Richmond MakerLabs
How to create a website at little house, using the apache server as an example (note, this won't cover the actual setup on the apache sever itself, googling
- Similarly, this may age so check online first, it's more to explain the how the new system works
TL;DR for techies
- Router forwards 80 and 443 to...
- nginx on web; which serves some pages and reverse proxies (/etc/nginx/config.d) to others on...
- apache on entry (and possibly others when this page is out of date)
- Now you can create a website or test something and learn without risking the configuration of the live sites
- It's easier to ensure that the proxy is secure for https than worry about every site (although we're not ignoring those)