How to use
- Turn on the power switch connected to the stereo to the right of the double-doors.
- Press "VIDEO/AUX" on the stereo input dial (in the middle) to connect it to the Bluetooth receiver.
- On your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or laptop device, go into your Bluetooth preferences and search for devices. You will see "Belkin HD" as one of the available devices. Pair it with your device and start playing music/podcasts/Internet streams.
- If you do not see "Belkin HD" then power cycle the Belkin device and search again.
CAD - Computer aided design
Some basics on 3D printing here
Geeetech I3 pro B
A machine so modified it got a new name
- Dedicated page here
Geetech Dual Extruder
Currently only one extruder working
- GT2560 board
Formlabs 1+ resin printer
Phrozen resin printer
Web GUI, IP is shown when machine is started. Has a slicer built in -->
CNC Mill - OpenBuilds C-Beam CNC Router In the cloakroom
Please do not use the CNC Mill until you have received induction
Privately owned Laser cutter (60W) can be used periodically for prototyping.
Please do not use the laser cutter until you have received induction
There is a mini sewing machine from John Lewis on loan from Andres. Feel free to use when ever. It is kept in its box on the gray shelves next to the kitchen.
Various test equipment, wiring, connectors, resistors, capacitors, LEDs and other assorted components
- WS-80 soldering iron,
- BGA re-balling station [YouTube demo]
- Solder sucker station []
- Solder station
- Fluke 77 multimeter
- UV exposure box
- Magnifying lamp
Bench Power Supply
- Thurlby PL320
- Bench Power Supply (dual channel 0-30V 2A)
- AIM & THURLBY THANDAR INSTRUMENTS TGP110 10Mhz Pulse Generator
- Rigol DS1104Z
- 4 channel 50MHz Digital Oscilloscope
PC/Mac hosted tools
- LTspice XVII circuit simulator is installed on the all-in-one Mac next to the electronics bench.
(PC version running under WineBottler)
- Arduino IDE (v1.8.19) is installed on the same Mac.
- An eight channel USB logic analyser (Salae Logic 8 clone) is available (bin on the electronics shelves at the end over the wood store), and the Sigrok software to support it is installed on the Mac.
See our Electronics page.
- Silverline 262212 Drill press
- Chuck Capacity 13mm
In the kitchen.
Marked as a CJ18A Mini-Lathe from [Amadeal] [Manual]
Please do not use the lathe until you have received induction
IanM has written some more detailed unofficial notes on using the RML Lathe.
N B This is out of action and in need of replacement
- Nutool HBS230 230mm Two Wheel Bandsaw
- Similar Manual
- Replacement parts:
- Got some tyres from [www.Solenttools.co.uk solent tools]
- Ian got a new blade from ???
Bosch PST 700E 500W Jigsaw Manual
Erbauer ERB255GS 2000W 10" Sliding compound mitre saw with laser
Black & Decker KW850E 1100W
Ryobi EPN-6082 600W
Clarke Metalworker CBG 6RZ
N.B. We no longer have this as the motor broke. Kept as a reminder we need one and for safety warning
- KOBE KBE2714140K
- Manual and here
- Safety: Please don't use the dust extraction when sanding metal - hot sparks, wood chippings and lots of air equals fire
Mains-powered air compressor with a long air pipe and a few tools, including paint sprayer.
- Ratchet tap handles
- 0 - 10 BA tap & die set (imperial)
- Broken bolt extractor set (Easy Outs)
- Arduino Starter kit
- Funduino kit with loads of sensors
- Raspberry Pi (with Pi Camera)
- Ultrasonic cleaner (6.5L) - Tank internal dimension: 300 (L) x 150 (D) x 150 (H) mm
- Small screw driver set with prying tool for mobile phone disassembly
- Spanner set 6mm to 26mm
- Hot glue gun
- Dremel with rotary accessory set and flexible shaft.
- The green box bits & accessories set is the most complete. The other one is overspill + half worn-out bits. The flexible shaft is now kept off the tool as its rarely used. Please try not to loose the little shaft coupling nut from the tool end of the flexible shaft! The Dremel and its attachments and accessories live in the large translucent plastic crate on the grey shelves next to the cloakroom door.
- Set of files (round, square, triangular, flat, half round)
- TORX screwdriver set
Equipment and Tool Defect List
Stuff that's usually available, but is currently broken, (or recently fixed) should be on our Equipment and Tool Defect List.
This is not a 'live' defect list, and tools/equipment may fail unexpectedly between its update and your intended visit.
Printers and Scanners
We have a Debian Linux-based server in the loft space. It provides multi-user access into the space via SSH and has local copies of open source software repositories for fast installation of donated/refurbished computers.
- Server (HP DL380 g3)
- VMware server (ESXi 4.1)
- 1 connected to plasma, 1 near the kitchen, 1 in the office space.
- Hard drive duplication station []
- SIM card cutter (micro and nano)
- Assorted old laptops and old workstations
- Laser printer (mono)
Yes we have one of those. Wheel chair accessible.
fridge, cups a plenty, ...
- Check out our WantList